Welcome to the companion website to the 2010 second edition of Thomas E. Skidmore’s textbook Brazil: Five Centuries of Change, published by Oxford University Press.
The goal of the web companion to Brazil: Five Centuries of Change is to provide both students of the textbook and those generally interested in Brazilian history with resources and images related to Brazil. The textbook provides a detailed and thorough history of the country; the website brings it to life.
What the website offers:
- A comprehensive timeline of Brazilian political, social, economic, and cultural history.
- Images, discussion questions, essays, and charts organized according to topic within each chapter.
- Theme pages with information on recurring threads within Brazilian history.
- A glossary of terms found in Skidmore’s textbook
- A list of recommended historic literature and films on key themes.