- Rhode Island Educational Directory
- General Laws
- Public Laws
- Josiah, RI State Library Online Catalog and Clearinghouse
MAIN ONLINE SITE
RHODE ISLAND EDUCATIONAL DIRECTORY
Access to Information
- Rhode Island Educational Directory from 1973 onwards
Josiah (Brown University Library Catalog) has records of all R.I. documents that the Library receives from the State.
State Library Online Catalog probably has the most comprehensive records of all documents produced by the State of Rhode Island. You can interlibrary loan (ILL) them or take a short walk down to the State Capitol where the library is.
State Clearinghouse Checklists is a checklist of officially published R.I. government documents by year back to 1996.
National Clearinghouse for English Language (NCELA): Rhode Island has links for many different sites for ESL education in Rhode Island.
Rhode Island Agency & Municipality Web Sites has a huge A-Z list of Rhode Island agencies.
- R.I. Education Policy provides information of the general educational policies for the State, i.e., The R.I. Comprehensive Educational Policy.
Committees dealing with education are:
- House Committees for and Education Accountability and Health, Education and Welfare
- Senate Committees for Education
- Joint Committees for Establish A Permanent Education Foundation Aid Formula for Rhode Island
Rhode Island Network for Educational Technology (RINET) assists the technology needs of the K-12 educations.
- Rhode Island Selected State Resources provides State Accountability Plans and Educational Press Releases.
- Digest has hundreds of tables with educational data.
- Dropout Rates contains reports on rates back to 1991.
- School Districts Demographics has excellent resources about schools, including maps of districts.
- State Education Data Profile: Rhode Island provides data on finances, number of students, teachers, etc.
- The Nation's Report Card (State Profile): Rhode Island has the state's scores on math, reading, science and writing.
National Clearinghouse for English Language (NCELA): Rhode Island Data & Demographics has data on LEP enrollment.
- Information Works! annual reports on public education in Rhode Island back to 1998.
- Creating Aggregate Report has data by school district on dropouts and graduates.
Rhode Island Geographic Informatin System (RIGIS) contains educational spatial and numeric data for GIS.
SchoolMatter provides data on schools and states.
Search the Government Websites for data. Also, check the Federal Statistics page. Remember, the federal government collects data on states.