Economy and Trade
UNBISnet is the United Nations Library catalog. It has records back to 1979 and full-text to 1992.
- Economy subject search provides dozens of subheadings.
- Development subject search provides dozens of subheadings.
DOCUMENTS OF THE SECOND COMMITTEE OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY (ECONOMIC & FINANICAL)
About This Resource
- UN Doc. Symbol for this committee is A/C.2 (Economic & Financial). When searching online, you can limit your searches to the documents from this committee by putting the Doc Symbol in quotes for the committee in the UN Doc. Symbol field, while you do a subject or word search.
Access to Information
- UNBISnet has records back to 1979 and full-text to 1992.
- AccessUN 1944-present. It provides access to current and retrospective United Nations documents and publications. It does not offer everything in full-text. Please read these quick instructions to help you find what you want.
- Official Records of the General Assembly from 1946-1990. In the stacks you will see special volumes labeled Official Records Committees with the number of the committee.
- Josiah - Look for U.N. titles in Brown's catalog.
Human Development Reports offers information concerning countries abilities to develop environments where people can lead full lives in accord to their needs and preferences. Covers topics such as human rights, economic development, environment, etc. Reports pertain to all countries back to 1990. We also have paper copies of these reports at the Library.
International Monetary Fund (IMF) works to create international monetary cooperation, financial stability, international trade, high employment and economic growth.
- IMF Publications is their online catalog of publications.
International Trade Centre assists the business sector of developing countries through market and trade development, and international trade program design.
The World Trade Organization deals with the international trading rules. It tries to help producers of goods and services, exporters, and importers.
Second Committee of the General Assembly: Economic & Financial contains documents produced by this U.N. organ on this issue.
Session Documentation Listed By Agenda Items is the agenda of what is debated in the current session of the General Assembly.
United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) promotes the integration of developing countries into the global economy by providing a forum for nations, doing research, collecting data and giving technical assistance.
United Nations Development Program (UNDP) is the U.N. global development network, which tries to connect people with knowledge, experience and resources.
United Nations Macroeconomics and Finance contains economic reports.