Human Development Reports offers information concerning countries abilities to develop environments where people can lead full lives in accord to their needs and preferences. Covers topics such as human rights, economic development, environment, etc. Reports pertain to all countries back to 1990. We also have paper copies of these reports at the Library.
UNBISnet is the United Nations Library catalog. It has records back to 1979 and full-text to 1992.
- Social Development subject search provides dozens of subheadings.
DOCUMENTS OF THE THIRD COMMITTEE OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY (SOCIAL, HUMANITARIAN & CULTURAL)
About This Resource
- UN Doc. Symbol for this committee is A/C.3 (Social, Humanitarian & Cultural). When searching online, you can limit your searches to the documents from this committee by putting the Doc Symbol in quotes for the committee in the UN Doc. Symbol field, while you do a subject or word search.
Access to Information
- UNBISnet has records back to 1979 and full-text to 1992.
- AccessUN 1944-present. It provides access to current and retrospective United Nations documents and publications. It does not offer everything in full-text. Please read these quick instructions to help you find what you want.
- Official Records of the General Assembly from 1946-1990. In the stacks you will see special volumes labeled Official Records Committees with the number of the committee.
- Josiah Look for U.N. titles in Brown's catalog.
Third Committee of the General Assembly: Social, Humanitarian & Cultural contains documents produced by this U.N. organ on this issue.
United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) works specifically on women's issues.
United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) works for children around the world on issues such as education and health.
United Nations Research Institute for Social Development performs research on the social dimensions of problems affecting development.
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is a development agency that works on poverty and health issues.
UNHCR: The UN Refugee Agency works on international action to help refugees and resolve refugee problems.
WebRelief contains data, maps and policies of relief work throughout the world, for example about dislocated people in Sudan or reconstruction in Indonesia.