UNBISnet is the United Nations Library catalog. It has records back to 1979 and full-text to 1992.
- Culture subject search provides dozens of subheadings.
DOCUMENTS OF THE THIRD COMMITTEE OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY (SOCIAL HUMANITARIAN & CULTURAL)
About This Resource
- UN Doc. Symbol for this committee is A/C.3 (Social, Humanitarian & Cultural). When searching online, you can limit your searches to the documents from this committee by putting the Doc Symbol in quotes for the committee in the UN Doc. Symbol field, while you do a subject or word search.
Access to Information
- UNBISnet has records back to 1979 and full-text to 1992.
- AccessUN 1944-present. It provides access to current and retrospective United Nations documents and publications. It does not offer everything in full-text. Please read these quick instructions to help you find what you want.
When doing a search, select "in subjects" for your method and try these subject headings to narrow your search to this topic:
Cultural and Social Anthropology
Cultural Property Restitution
- Official Records of the General Assembly from 1946-1990. In the stacks you will see special volumes labeled Official Records Committees with the number of the committee.
- Josiah Look for U.N. titles in Brown's catalog.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) organizes global efforts to improve the humanity's educational, cultural and scientific conditions.
- Arts and Creativity helps promote creativity
- Intangible Heritage "practices, representations, expressions, as well as the knowledge and skills, that communities, groups and, in some cases, individuals recognise as part of their cultural heritage."
- World Heritage is the UN organization to identify and preserve the world's cultural and natural heritage.
Third Committee of the General Assembly: Social, Humanitarian & Cultural contains documents produced by this U.N. organ on this issue.
Index to U.N. System Programs gives an alphabetical list of the programs administered by the U.N.