About This Resource
- You can find spatial and numeric data online.
Access to Information
- American Factfinder has a wealth of data from the 2000 census and sample data from 1990. This site also provides online mapping abilities of census data.
- ICPSR offers a lot of census data online. One study, Number 2896, has county and state data from 1790 onward.
- Geolytics Census CD has census CD back to 1970. Shapefiles are included with the data.
- Historical Census Browser (U.VA.) offers online historical census data back to 1790.
- A subject search in Josiah for Census contains information about Brown's extensive collection of census data back to the first one in 1790.
See more information about the Statutes at Large and how to access information on it, or see more information about the United States Code Service and how to access information on it.
COMMITTEE REPORTS & DOCUMENTS
CONGRESSIONAL FLOOR ACTIVITY & DEBATES
FEDERAL DOCUMENTS IN PRINT
Brown University is a depository library for government documents. Our collection is extensive and stretches back to the 1800s. In order to search for documents in print, please go to the help guide at Federal Documents in Print.
Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) offers a lot of census data online. One study, Number 2896 , has county and state data from 1790 onward.
State and County Quick Facts provides recent census data about states and counties.
U.S. Census has a wealth of demographic data for the 2000 census and sample data from the 1990 census.
- American Community Survey has downloadable PUMs (Public Use Microdata).
- American Factfinder is the page where you can directly extract data. Choose the Data Sets link on the left.
- CenStats Database has quick census data from building permits to businesses by NAICs.