GPO Access Resources by Topic: Education offers a resource page with many links to recent education material issued by the government, such as committee work and regulations. For older material, check resources below.
- Eric Database
- Committee Reports & Documents
- Congressional Floor Activity & Debates
- Federal Documents in Print
Access to Information
- ERIC contains federally funded education research topics from the U.S. Department of Education's Educational Research Information Center. Contains documents and abstracts from approximately 1966 onward.
- Check the Federal Documents in Print for instructions on how to search for these documents.
See more information about the Statutes at Large and how to access information on it, or see more information about the United States Code Service and how to access information on it.
COMMITTEE REPORTS & DOCUMENTS
CONGRESSIONAL FLOOR ACTIVITY & DEBATES
FEDERAL DOCUMENTS IN PRINT
Brown University is a depository library for government documents. Our collection is extensive and stretches back to the 1800s. In order to search for documents in print, please go to the help guide at Federal Documents in Print.
- Policy is the Department of Education's page devoted to educational policy.
- Budget contains the budgeting of the department.
National Center for Education Statistics is the primary federal organization within the U.S. Department of Education and the Institute of Education Sciences that is responsible for collecting statistics relating to education in the U.S. and other nations.
- Common Core of Data (CCD) contains comprehensive national statistcs relating to public elementary and secondary education.
- Fast Facts provides quick data on the most common educational issues.
- School District Demographics has data and maps about each district.
- Quick Tables and Figures contains easily accessible statistics which are searchable by keyword, topic area, and year.
- American Factfinder is where you can look for education attainment by location.
- Education has general data.