The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SOTL) is the scholarly inquiry of student learning and of teaching practice. At Brown University, the Sheridan Center for Teaching and Learning is the primary source for professional development in this area. The Sheridan Center for Teaching and Learning's Resource Library contains a collection of mostly books which can be referenced and borrowed through their office.
General information about Research Support at Brown University Library is also available.
The Brown University Library provides access to a number of SOTL-related resources, including the following:SOTL-Related Journals
- Academic Commons
- Academic Exchange Quarterly
- Insight: A Journal of Scholarly Teaching
- International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Journal on Excellence in College Teaching
- Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Transformative Dialogues: Teaching and Learning Journal
- College Teaching
- College teaching -- United States
- Communication in learning and scholarship -- United States
- Medical education -- United States