Off-campus Access to Brown University Library Resources
Step 1: Obtaining or Replacing Your Brown University ID Card
Your ID card is necessary for admission to the Libraries whether in person or through the internet.
- If you have a Brown ID card, go to step 2.
- If you never had a Brown ID card, go to the Medical Staff Office at the Hospital and make sure they sent the paperwork in to the Medical School. If they did, then call Elizabeth Boynton, 863-1672. Elizabeth may ask you to send her the application form.
- If you lost your ID card go to the ID Card Office at J. Walter Wilson Hall, 69 Brown St. at the corner of Waterman St.
Step 2: Registering to Activate Your Account
- Go to the Account Activation screen, fill in the form and follow the instructions.
- If you are not in the database, call Cindy Ruel, 863-1623, to find out why.
- Note your username and
your password. If you forget your password, you can go in person to Computing and Information Services, during business hours, to request a new password. (CIS Computing Accounts and Access Office is at 224 Thayer Street.) Off-campus faculty also have the option of faxing a completed Passkey Reset form to request a new password.
Step 3: Using Library Resources
- You can now use your AuthID and password to enable the Off-campus access service, which will take you to the Library's electronic resources. The Library recommends using the WebVPN since it requires no download to your computer and it is compatible with hospital web services. Select "Continue," then "Library resources" which will take you to the Library home page. From here click on "Medical School" to take you back to Medical Connections.
Step 4: Requesting Interlibrary Loans
- Use your AuthID and password to register for interlibrary loan servics using ILLiad