Material stored at the Library Collections Annex has one of two locations in JOSIAH:
- ANNEX (circulating materials)
- ANNEX HAY (special collections materials which do not circulate and must be consulted at the John Hay Library)
1. Requesting ANNEX Materials -- see sample Josiah record
Materials with the location "ANNEX" may be borrowed by Brown ID and borrowing card holders. To submit a
request for delivery to campus find this icon
on your search result screen. Click it and you will be asked to enter your Brown username and password. You may select the
Rock, Sciences, or Orwig libraries as the pick-up location for "Annex" materials. Items with the "Annex"
location may also be requested at Library circulation desks. Our goal is to deliver requested materials on the next business day (Monday-Friday).
Electronic delivery of articles from journals located at the "ANNEX" is now available. See step-by-step instructions.
2. Requesting ANNEX HAY Materials -- see sample Josiah record
Special Collections materials located at the Library Collections Annex (as denoted in the Josiah catalog record) will continue to be available throughout the renovation period.
Individuals affiliated with Brown University may use the Reading Room in the Rockefeller Library or at the Library Collections Annex (10 Park Lane, Providence, RI). Individuals not affiliated with Brown University may use the Reading Room at the Library Collections Annex (10 Park Lane, Providence, RI).
Requesting access to Special Collections materials is a two-step process:
- Request materials: E-mail email@example.com to request materials. In order to ensure requests are met in a timely manner, researchers are encouraged to request materials at least one week in advance of visits.
- Make an appointment: E-mail HayReadingRoom@brown.edu before noon on Friday the week prior to the requested appointment(s).
Please specify the date(s), time(s), and Reading Room (Rockefeller Library or Annex). Due to space limitations, the number of appointments available each day will be limited. The first appointments for the Reading Rooms will be scheduled the week of June 24, 2013. Requests for appointments during the first week must be received by noon on June 21, 2013.